Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Classical Dancer & Tv Star Samiksha Bhatnagar’s first film as a lead role ‘Love Ke Funday’



Today most of the actresses in the film industry are more than ready to dare and bare their skin in films and what’s more they also end up as successful and sought after stars but unable to last forever. But there are several actresses who have come to the industry and also left an indelible niche for themselves, especially classical dancers like Madhubala, Waheeda Rehman, Vyjayanthimala, Hema Malini, Rekha, Sridevi , Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan etc . Samiksha Bhatnagar, who hails from Dehradun is one such actress who is making her debut as lead role with FRV Big Business Entertainment Private Limited’s romcom Love Ke Funday, produced by Faaiz Anwar and Prem Prakash Gupta and written and directed by Indervesh Yogee.
             Samiksha has done her PhD in Kathak from Prayag Sangeet Samiti, Allahabad (U.P) and has acted in TV serials like Veera, Ados Pados, Jaane Kya Hoga Rama Re etc besides doing a cameo role in Madhur Bhandarkar’s film Calendar Girls. Love Ke Funday is her first film in a lead role. There are four main heroines in the film which slated for release on July 15, 2016. We spoke to Samiksha Bhatnagar at the office of the producer Faaiz Anwar in Andheri:- 

Excerpts from the conversation:

What did you do before getting into films? Is anyone else in your family connected with the film industry in any manner?
No one from my family is part of film. I did my B.A in English and then did my PhD in Kathak .I ran dance classes in Delhi and also choreographed programmes in schools. Since my mother Kusum Bhatnagar is also a classical dancer, it was her ardent desire that I too be one, though it was my desire to join films. After I did a lot of ads in Delhi as a model, I headed for Mumbai to take up a career in films as n actress and did TV serials like Veer, Ados Pados and Jaane Kya Hoga Rama Re, besides a cameo role in Madhur Bhadarkar’s film Calendar Girls. Now I am playing one of the main female leads in Love Ke Funday which is my debut film in a full-fledged lead role.

What is your role in Love Ke Funday?
I play a glamorous girl called Jassi who is married and working in a company. She is modern as far as her thinking is concerned and is practical and does not stray at all from marriage.

Did the film also offer you any scope to try your hand at performing any classical dance?
No. It is not at all necessary that you will get an opportunity to do everything in a film that if offered to you. There is no classical dance in the film. There is only fun, romance, emotion etc in the film which has got all the ingredients required for a film to click at the box office.

Which do you wish to pursue actively-Films, TV or classical dance?
In today’s timers, you just cannot think in terms of this. It all happens on when and what opportunity you get. Thanks to classical, dances, I benefited by way of my facial expressions and body language and am known for my good acting. I am ready to accept whatever offer comes my way, whether big or small as long as I am able to leave a lasting impression with my role.

Today in films most of the actresses indulge in body display. Are you ready to follow suit?
It depends on to what extent it is necessary for the script for me to expose myself. If it’s valid, I’d definitely do it within my limits and comfort zone but I am not at all ready to expose without any rhyme or reason . 

What next, as far as future is concerned?
Nothing will happen if you just think a lot about it. Whatever God wants to give me, I am more than ready to accept it as everything is in his hands. I want people to watch Love Ke Funday and like it and give me the right feedback on what they like in the film.

Comments