Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Ashish Sharma: TV is women oriented, little in it for male actors!


Actor Ashish Sharma has been on many TV shows, but it's his mythological and historical shows that have got him noticed the most. 

After having played Chandragupta Maurya on the show by the same name, the actor played Lord Ram in Siya Ke Ram, and his current show too, sees him as a warrior prince. Does he feel typecast? 

Ashish says, "No, I [am offered] all kind of roles, and a variety of films, and even web series. But there has been nothing exciting about them; they haven't challenged me as an actor. That's what my criterion is [for saying yes]." 

The actor, seen earlier on Rangrasiya, Gunaho Ka Devta, and Rab Se Sohnna Isshq, adds, "TV is a women-oriented medium. A lot of shows are from their perspective; there's little for the male actors to do. I'd [have to] choose from what's offered to me. I'd like to do a comedy or thriller next." 

Asked if he has opted out of any show, because the focus was more on the women, Ashish says, "I feel that it's the kind of medium that caters to housewives more. TV as a medium targets that audience, and that's how the content is. There's nothing wrong with that, because this is how it works. I've never done a show like that. I [always] keep in mind what am I getting to do."

Comments