Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Eat, shop, run: Dheeraj Dhoopar’s to-do list in Delhi


It’s been 10 years since Dheeraj Dhoopar moved to Mumbai from Delhi, but he hasn’t been able to find one place in Mumbai that serves butter chicken like Delhi does. The actor, who spent his childhood in the capital and studied fashion from a college in south Delhi, says that whenever he plans to come here, he makes a list of places he wants to visit in advance. “The list keeps changing, but there are a few places that are always part of that list, especially eating joints,” says the actor.



Dheeraj says that the best way to know Delhi, its culture and its people, is through food. “I tell people that the best way to flirt with Delhi is through its food. Every market, every lane in Delhi is known for its food. The best example is Chandni Chowk. In one part, you’ll find the best chhole bhature (near Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib), another part is popular worldwide for its paranthas, and then there are lanes around Jama Masjid which are known to serve lip-smacking kebabs, biryani and haleem,” says Dheeraj, adding that his favourites are “Moolchand ke paranthe, Janakpuri market ki tikki, Lajpat Nagar ki chaat and momos, and South Ex ka butter chicken.”



The actor might get to flirt with Delhi just once in six months now, but he still does most of his shopping here. “Since I studied fashion here and have a thorough understanding of what is to be found where, I am most comfortable shopping in Delhi. From GK I M Block Market to Connaught Place and even the malls in Vasant Kunj, I visit all of them whenever I’m in Delhi. And if I have one day to explore Delhi and shop here, I can spend the full day shopping in these areas,” he says.

Dheeraj started his career with modelling in Delhi, and his morning runs on Delhi’s streets were an important part of his workout. “If I would have the time to focus on my fitness schedule in Delhi now, I would start my day with a run around Chanakyapuri. It’s a beautiful place with huge roads and beautiful gardens. I would want to go for cycling around Lodhi Road, and after some exercise, I’d have a hearty breakfast at Khan Market,” says Dheeraj.

Comments