Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Why Bikaner girl Yogita Bihani is on a high


After sharing screen space with Salman Khan in the promo of reality game show Dus Ka Dum, Yogita Bihani, who hails from Bikaner, is all set to play a lead role in Ekta Kapoor’s upcoming show, Dil Hi Toh Hai. “I am playing an opinionated feminist who is in deep pain as she has lost her brother to a serious illness. Palak (her character) wants to be successful in the field of medicine so that she can save lives through her research work,” she says.


From sharing screen space with Salman Khan to bagging lead role in a TV show
Till last year, the 22-year-old was working as a PR professional in Mumbai but life took a complete turn when she decided to take up acting. She did a few advertisements and cooking reality shows before getting selected to star opposite Salman in Dus Ka Dum promo. “I am still getting compliments for sharing screen space with Salman Khan. The first day, when the promo was aired, my phone wouldn’t stop ringing. Everyone was surprised to see me share screen space with him. Many people kept telling me, ‘You worked with Salman Khan, you are a lucky girl’,” she says. On her experience of working with Salman, she says, “The moment he appears on the sets, one can feel the aura. There is a special energy when he is around. He is very humble and he never makes you feel as if you are junior to him. I loved watching him crack jokes.”

'ONE THING I MISSED THE MOST IS PLAYING WITH SAND’
Though Yogita shifted to Delhi from Bikaner at a very young age, she always visited her hometown during summer vacations. “I really missed playing in the sand and making mitti ke ghar. However, I kept visiting my hometown during summer breaks. I love attending family weddings in Rajasthan. Everyone is so welcoming here. I really miss the hospitality of my state,” she says.

Comments