Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar TV actresses who had taken a break are back



Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar Sasural Simar Ka
It’s after seven years that Keerti, who was last seen in Chhoti Bahu as Mrinalini Purohit, made a comeback with Sasural Simar Ka. She replaced Dipika Kakar in the title role. Keerti had taken a sabbatical from TV to take care of her daughter Kesha, who is three years old now. “I had thought then that when my daughter starts schooling and is settled in a routine, I will think of work. Now, she has started going to school, and it was she who told me she wanted to see me act. She has seen her papa (Sharad Kelkar) on TV, now she wanted to see me,” says Keerti. As for choosing a show that was already on air, the actress says she looks at it positively. “There’s no negativity (because Dipika had already quit the show before Keerti stepped in), the whole atmosphere on the sets is positive. It’s a cult show and a legacy that I am taking forward. Also, the role has a lot of possibilities for me as an actor. And now, that I am a mom I can relate to the feeling of Simar who as a mother will do anything for her kids.” As for facing the camera after so long, she says, she felt comfortable from day one. “It felt like I was back where I belong and the seven years  just vanished,” she smiles.

Comments