Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

There can’t be two of a kind. There can only be one Tabu

There can’t be two of a kind. There can only be one Tabu 



Tabu has never believed in following a set of rules laid down by her
predecessors. She has thrived on a balanced diet of distinct worlds of
commercial Hindi cinema, the South industry, arthouse/parallel cinema
and crossover projects. Not surprisingly then, 'Astitva', 'The Namesake',
'Maachis' and 'Hu Tu Tu' share space with 'Saajan Chale Sasuraal', 'Biwi No
1' and 'Hera Pheri' on her repertoire. Even after spending two decades in
front of the camera, she continues to mix and match — intense films like
'Drishyam' and 'Haider' are balanced with a laugh riot like 'Golmaal
Returns'.
The actress will be back on the big screen next week with 'AndhaDhun',
also featuring Ayushmann Khurrana and Radhika Apte. The suspense
thriller, helmed by Sriram Raghavan, revolves around a blind musician who
witnesses a murder. While Tabu hasn’t revealed much about her character, there’s something that makes you take note of her
when you watch the trailer. While she is often compared to actresses like Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts for her acting
prowess, Tabu doesn’t think she should be compared to the Hollywood greats.
She says, “I am only thinking about my work and what I should be doing on a set. There is no space and time to think of what
someone expects out of me. Yes, it’s great to know that the audience expects quality from me, and they equate me with some
really substantial actors, but I work for my own expectations. I don’t carry comparisons in my head. There can’t be two of a kind,
anyway. There can only be one Tabu. (laughs!)”

Comments