Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

#MeToo movement: Vinta Nanda says Onus on me to undergo medical test and prove my story

#MeToo movement: Vinta Nanda says Onus on me to undergo medical test and prove my story

Writer-director Vinta Nanda, who has accused actor Alok Nath of rape, on
Sunday said the onus is back on her as she must undergo medical tests to
help investigate the alleged incident that happened nearly two decades
ago.
Nanda had filed a complaint on October 19 with the police that Nath
allegedly sexually assaulted her 19 years ago during the shooting of her
TV show. A first information report (FIR) was registered at Oshiwara Police
Station last week and Nath was booked under Indian Penal Code's
Section 376 for rape.
"I had filed a police complaint. It took three weeks for them to call me and
say yes, we will now file a FIR, which happened last week. Along with the
filing of the FIR, which normally should've led to him being arrested or at least being investigated, now the onus is back on me.
I must go for a physical medical test now, twenty years later. I read in the paper where they've said I have to undergo a medical
check and only then they will be able to proceed with the case," Nanda said.
Nanda revealed her ordeal on #MeToo movement in the city on Sunday. She said she took on Nath in the capacity she could
but lacked courage to approach the police back then.

Comments