Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Divyanka Tripathi's husband Vivek Dahiya opens up on his casting couch experience

Divyanka Tripathi's husband Vivek Dahiya opens up on his casting couch experience


elevision actor Vivek Dahiya, who was last seen in Qayamat Ki Raat, recently opened up about his struggling days in the initial years and revealed a shocking casting couch experience. Also, Vivek--who is head over heels in love with his wife Divyanka Tripathi-- feels Divyanka is his lucky mascot.

In a conversation with Times Of India, Vivek Dahiya said, "This prevails everywhere but then it's up to you. I just chose to ignore it all and move on with my principles. So when you enter the glam world, you are given a list of coordinators to meet. Then they call you in person and accordingly projects are pitched based on your personality. One of the coordinators called me to the office and told me that it would be difficult for me to sustain in the industry as I had no godfather and nepotism was at its peak. He told me that it would be difficult to survive.

"So, he initially suggested I should rather pay money to people to get myself a full-fledged role in a show. I have studied business and I know it works. I did not buy any of his words as I knew had it been true, a lot of people would have paid in lakhs and got themselves a lead role so easily. When I refused to oblige to the monetary way out, he suggested me of the next alternative that was the casting couch where I would have to please people in a certain way. I simply asked him if there were any other better way out rather than these shady things. He told me that "tumhare joote ghiss jayenge lekin tumhe kaam nahi milega. Kuch nahi hoga," he added.

Vivek made his debut in telly industry in 2013 with Yeh Hai Aashiqui. However, it was his second project Ek Veer Ki Ardaas...Veera, which made him a household name. Later he featured in Ye Hai Mohabbatein, Kavach...Kaali Shaktiyon Se and Nach Baliye 8.

Vivek tied the knot with Divyanka in 2016 and but are still not over their honeymoon phase. Crediting his wife, Vivek said, "I definitely consider Divyanka as my lucky charm. In fact, my father has said a lot of times that she is absolutely lucky for me. He had told me earlier that when you will have your lady by your side and she's there permanently to stay, the way universe will work for you suddenly, will be surprising. This thing stayed with me and I was waiting to see what happens. And I couldn't believe it when Kavach happened to me soon after marriage. I was like Yes, the lady luck thing is working. Divyanka is completely my lucky mascot."

Comments