Featured post

Get your Dream Home at the online expo organized by MW Group

Katrina Kaif: I had to break before I could proceed to rebuild myself

Katrina Kaif: I had to break before I could proceed to rebuild myself


She’s sitting in the atrium of a suburban studio, pretty as a picture, waiting for her Bharat to arrive so they can take some promo shots together.
And while she waits, Katrina Kaif uses the time gainfully to do some interviews for her upcoming Eid release. Even when Salman Khan strolls in, telling her with a straight face
, “I’ve been waiting for you all my life and you are sitting here”, she is all business, discussing the shoot and a scheduled Twitter chat. Watching Katrina in work mode, it’s obvious that she is at the top of her game. The first trailer of the Ali Abbas Zafar directorial has just released and she’s curious to know the reactions…

Your character Kumud Raina has sparked off a series of memes stemming from one of your dialogues, “Bharat ji is daftar mein chunav ka namankan patra nahi bhara jata hai. Aur jis naukri ke liye aap aaye hain, usme itne bhari gyan ki zaroorat nahi hai.” Tell us about Madam Sir.
(Laughs) ‘Madam Sir’ is a term Ali came up with for my character who works at an employment exchange, hiring men for an oil refinery, probably the only female in a male-dominated environment. For a woman like that to hold her dignity…
her own… in the world today is tough, back in 1975, it was even tougher. Ali had some strong references for Kumud in real-life role models. When Bharat sees her for the first time, he likes her, but then she puts him in his place like a domineering man, and becomes ‘Madam Sir’ in his mind.

Comments